My commitment and search to reinvent myself has begun more seriously now. I’m taking steps toward earning a living, creating employment, and understanding myself better so that I am not just doing a job but embracing living and working in the most fulfilling way possible. I’m not going to go into too many details here, as one of the steps I took in this direction involves writing post for HubPages, a place where I could potentially earn some money off of my words. I wrote my first post there today. Check it out.
Don’t worry though, WordPress is my first blogging home, and this community is very important to me. This the place where I can write, and explore, and dream, and vent, and complain. This is the place where I laugh and cry, and share all of the craziness of my life. This is the place where I have made friends and connections that have given me the courage to take this bizarre journey that I am on, a journey into finding my strengths and creating a life full of joy.
What exactly are these strengths, you wonder? Well, this morning I took the on-line survey from Strengths Finder, to find some eerily accurate descriptions of myself. I’ve only skimmed the surface of what the analysis has to say, but to break it down in a few bullets, some of my strengths include:
- Thinking and discussing ideas with others.
- Being innovative and facing challenges creatively.
- Learning new things and searching out the knowledge I need to successfully (and creatively) face my challenges.
- Willingness to work hard, but apparently I work harder when I get recognition for the work I do. (I’m not sure this is true, but I do know that I get frustrated when I have worked hard and get no recognition).
- Gathering information and reading.
- Apparently I have some skill with words and writing. (Tee hee hee)
So what does all this mean? I have no idea yet, but it is an interesting journey.
Tomorrow I should have regular access to the internet so I will be back to commenting and responding to your comments. I’ve missed you all!