It all started with this post, “Celebrating Our Unique Powers: An Invitation”. Or maybe it started when I finally realized what P.O.W.ER was really about–encouraging people to use and celebrate our own individual talents and bring those skills together to make the world a better place. P.O.W.ER is about empowerment.
In that post I offered the following invitation:
“I would like to invite you to write guest posts about the secret abilities in all of us–the ones we know we have but don’t always admit. Write about yourself, your friend, your daughter, your partner, your son, your neighbor. Celebrate the people and the powers. Celebrate each other. Send your responses to me at email@example.com along with links back to your blog and images, and I will feature you here in a series of posts called “Celebrating Our Unique Powers.” If you don’t have a blog, but would still like to contribute, that works too!”
The results, have been beautiful, inspiring, and yes . . . truly powerful. I gather them here for ease of access. If you would like to contribute, please contact me. It is a joyous way to celebrate the special life inside each and every one of us.
- What I Did on My Summer Vacation by Helena Hann-Basquiat
- Vanquisher of Chaos by Lisa Listwa
- Uncovering My Own Secret Ability
- My Super Power by Lizzi Rogers
- Women in Veils by Marcia Cebulska
- Towards a More Loving, Connected, Joyous Me by Mandy Traut
- Stop Soul Stealers by Beth Teliho
- My Long Game by Cameron Garriepy
- Discovering My Hidden Power by Mark Pakaluk
- Calming Colors and Cotton Swabs by Angela Amman
Are you ready to celebrate yourself and others? Join us!